No boring traditional crunches here! I have been doing these this all this week and they kick my butt.
Do 30 reps of each. If the exercise uses two different sides, do 30 reps for each side. Then repeat twice.
1) Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands extended towards ceiling. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Also raise legs up towards ceiling and attempt to touch your hands to your feet.
3) Return to start position.
Power boat pose
1. Start by sitting on the floor and extending your legs and arms.
2. Lean back keeping your legs straight with your arms extended in front of you.
3. Hold this balanced position maintaining proper positioning for the desired time limit.
4. Rest and repeat for the desired repetitions.
Oblique Abductor Raise
1. Start by getting into a lateral plank pose with your hips off the ground.
2. Your only ground contact points should be your feet and elbow.
3. Holding this position raise your outside leg keeping it straight until you reach full range of motion.
4. Return your leg to the starting position and repeat for the desired repetitions.
5. Switch sides and repeat.
Reverse Crunch Scissor Kicks
1. Start by lying on your back with your legs perpendicular to the floor.
2. Slowly lower one leg until you are no longer able to keep your lower back neutral to the floor.
3. Lift your leg back up and then repeat with the other leg for the desired repetitions.
4. As you get stronger continue to lower your legs closer to the floor as long as you can keep your back neutral with the floor.
1. Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2. Start position: Hands behind head and knees bent at 90 degrees.
3. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominals and raise shoulders off floor or bench. During the crunch, also bring knees towards chest.
4. Return to start position.
5. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Reverse Crunch with hands behind your head
1. Start by lying on your back with your hands behind or above your head.
2. Proceed to draw in your belly button toward your spine and lift both legs up at the same time towards your chest.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat making sure that you don’t arch your back as you are lowering or raising your legs.
Straight Leg Obliques
Starting Position: Lie on your back and raise your legs straight into the air.
Rotate your legs keeping them straight to the side and the then return to the starting position. Repeat to the other side.
1. Start by placing your left foot over your right knee and place your hands behind your head.
2. Lift your shoulders up off the ground and twist so that your right elbows tries to touch your left knee.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat according to the required repetitions.
4. Repeat with the other side.